hi

hi

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the ginger puppet master

Just reviewing some of the reading. Trying to absorb some more stuff about earth works and the like. Blaaah.

We drew for an hour and a bit in The Figure. More construction proportion drawings. Apparently perspective is coming up soon. Talked to Serenity in the library.

For the rest of class we had a marionette guy! He gave us a little demonstration with one of his puppets and explained the dynamics of making them and doing stages and all that. He only had two puppets on him, and they were both insanely stringed. They were very expressive. It was an awesome way to spend class time. He said he was teaching a marionette carving class. If I didn't feel so drained so often, I would totally love to sign up and do it. Maybe he will do another during the summer. It seems really cool. I would love to make a proper marionette, too bad I am also awful at carving.

I have a horrible dry cough. It sucks.

Critique day in printmaking. Well, it was really a review day. We just put up our projects, wherever we were in them. Most were done. Patsy had a huge bird silkscreen print. Seriously large and magnificent. That girl has skills. Robin's porch light piece was beautiful as well. Very striking and bold, and it still retained that quality that her work has. My stuff was pretty well received. Mostly a conversation about paper and being precious and how to fine tune the zine projects I do in the future. Amazing how a 23 person illustration class gets through pieces in an hour and a half, and a 9 person printmaking class takes around three hours to get through 6 people. Hmnn.

Walked around with Karen during break. Documented my cat. Karen and I rode our bikes over to button emporium. Needed to get some buttons. Can't make a shirt without buttons. Got black, red, and gray, and two square orange ones for the tulip skirt I want to make. I'll do a run through with some fabric that Aunty Joyce sent me, and then if that turns out I will make it again using the blue gingham plaid that I bought at Fabric Depot. All I want to do is relax and sew, but it seems like I keep needing things to get to that point. Fabric...zippers...patterns.

Went home. Coughed. Started reading stuff. Watched stuff. Ate leftover pizza. I hate being sick in a dry, can't do anything about it sort of way.

No comments: