hi

hi

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

lovely gifties

I got a late Valentines box this morning from someone who shall remain anonymous. But it was a fella. In the box was an assortment of art supplies, all in shades of pink. Pink colored pencils, pink gouache, pink watercolors, pink acrylic, pink pastel, pink stamp pad, pink oils. A great present. Just simply perfect.

Even though I got a decent amount of sleep, I went full groggy after 3pm. Heather gave a little presentation that was well thought out and presented clearly. Not the disaster that mine was. Then we talked about earth works and The West for an hour.

Karen and I sorted out our Stumptown Comics Fest form during lunch. We are going in halvsies on a half table. Registration is still open, so hopefully they will find a place to smoosh us that isn't too stuffed away. A full table would be ideal, but we don't have a stock pile of work ready. It would also create incentive to make displays for our work. Go vertical instead of horizontal. Very exciting. Marketing work and promoting yourself. I think I'll print a coloring book, that is an easy project. Need at least two new materials in editions of at least 60. Hmmn.

After lunch, we watched a bit from Jeremiah Johnson and The Outlaw Josey Wales. Robert Redford and Clint Eastwood. I think I should watch more westerns. I checked out The Searchers from the library, unfortunately that has just been added to the pile with Zorba the Greek and The Bicycle Thieves. I'll get around to them when I feel in the mood, until then I shall renew renew renew.

The third video was about a Cuban land artist. We watched the full thing and I fell asleep. Don't know why, I got a good amount of sleep. Well I nodded off and back up and off again. Phil told me I was breathing really heavily through my nose (I have the snuffles). Goddammit! I actually did get through the reading this week and everything. Argh. I felt bad. I told Phil he was allowed to nudge me.

We chatted some more and then critiqued Phil, Tabitha, and Sandra's pieces. Phil did an etching about his disappointment with the desert from his point of view (he is from Hawaii). Sandra took some air, water, and land samples from a park, and Tabitha did a video compilation of various westerns.

I napped for 20 minutes, then got my bum handed to me by yoga. Again. I'm so out of shape. I could barely hold any pose. So not fun!

For my next illustration project I am doing a cover for Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne. I have some ideas, just need to bounce them off Martin. Why this book? Uhh, maybe because doing Oliver Twist would be too obvious? Eh.

Time to sleep now. Still coughing. It sucks.

No comments: