hi

hi

Sunday, February 14, 2010

birthdays are fun

Whooo! Just came back from Mel's 21st Birthday! Yay!

Slept in. It was good. Slow morning. Ate pasta and sauce and bacon for breakfast. Mmm.

At around 2pm I left for school to go print. The lab was full of people finishing up the Sandow Birk print thing. Basically being print monkeys for a famous print maker. So I loitered in the library for an hour. When I got back a table had opened up, so I took and and started printing.

I really liked the three color prints, but we had to do a four color assignment so I added three more layers. Right now I'm too close to the project to correctly judge its quality. I feel that I mucked up a lot of prints by not being careful enough. Some look good. I added two darker layers and a more reddish final color. Some looked okay. But like I wrote, I need to wait and look at them all with a fresh eye. Right now I'm kind of psissed and feel that I ruined a great print by over working it. Just need to relax.

Went to Safeway. Picked up some food stuffs. Went home. Got my party face on.

Went to Mel and Melissa's for Mel's 21st. I bought her a bottle of vodka. A nice basic mixer I felt. The majority of people who came stayed for about forty five minutes to an hour and a half. So there was a constant shift of people. A lot of design majors, most of whom I have never seen because they are all cooped up in their little department. And a lot of coworkers. I mostly talked to Chris Bodven, Taylor, and Melissa. Sipped drinks, ate candy and chips. There was even a pinata. I spun Mel in a circle 21 times before she hit it. As people left, I remained. Jim showed up when things had calmed down. In the end, Zaneta, Jim and I took Mel to The Matador for her first ever bar experience.

I bought her a shot, Zaneta bought her a shot and a drink. She was pretty well drunk by the end. Dancing happy drunk though, not having to drag her home and plop her down. We just loitered near the bar and boogied. Mel lives about 10 blocks from me, which is super convenient. We brought her home in once piece. I poured her a glass of water. Made sure she was okay and made my way home. I was fairly responsible the whole night, except for the amount of candy I consumed. It was fun. Nice meeting people from PNCA who I have never seen in the almost three years of being here.

Not looking forward to homework filled Sunday, but oh well. It is what it is.

No comments: