hi

hi

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

stress levels rising, must keep calm exterior

Got up super early to get a jump on things only to find out that Art Media opens at 9. Arrived right as they opened and bought two 100 sheet pads of sturdier newsprint to print on. It was a big trouble to curl them to transport them to school, but I did it! It took a while to get everything set up and I ended up finishing the layouts during the comic meeting. I'm missing the cover and the backside still but I need to get on with the printing.

We had artist presentations today. You would think 9 kids doing 10-15 minute presentations would result in taking up only the first section of class with maybe an hour after. No! It took till bloody 3! I quickly did the emulsion on my screens and oiled up the transfers to sit while lunch went on. I screwed up one of the emulsions and had to redo it. I spent the rest of class folding paper to the specific broadsheet layout.

Good thing: the transfer worked perfectly.
Bad thing: I ran into issues printing. Could be the ink (I have never worked with opaque before, only the more transparent process ink). Could be that it dried a little (which I think it did during the first time). Could be that it is too close to the side. Either way, I'm letting my screens sit over night and I am going to come back at it tomorrow! I have way too much printing and too little time. I'm sort of getting into panic mode. I had a hard time focusing in yoga and sleeping doesn't come that easy. Part of me hopes to get to a point where its like "OK, there is no way I can finish this by Stumptown" but right now I'm still stuck in the, "well if I work every free minute, I can get it done." I would hate to get to the point where I only had one or two more pages to complete.

Comeback I didn't get to use today: You can't be that busy as you made time to hang with Mr. Grumpy.

No comments: