hi

hi

Monday, April 13, 2009

schedule righted

Fixed my schedule! Well the school fixed their scheduling issues and I got it all resolved and the base schedule I have for Fall 2009 is awesome. First semester of my JUNIOR YEAR!! WHOO!! I will probably add another class so that I'll get more of my money's worth. Anyway, it goes like this: Monday: Narrative Image with Daniela Molnar. Wednesday: History of Printmaking with Morgan Walker (had him for the figure last semester) followed by The History of Laughter: From the Ancients to the Postmodern with Barry Sanders. Thursday: Illustration Studio II: Visual Vocabulary with Martin French. All of them are 300 level. Only three days a week scheduled up. Awesometacular.

So Joe had to pull out of teaching us for the rest of the semester. Bummer. Family things. He will still be there for Digital though. Some of my classmates were not so bummed out. Daniela has stepped in to teach us for the rest of the semester. First we did the critique of our pieces (finally). A lot of people really stepped up to the plate and delivered some amazing things. I think the divide between AWESOME and uhh, okay was more clear. Robin produced this beautiful work with so many textures and compositional brilliances. I'll be sad when she goes away from us Illustrators. Mine was mostly favorable with little nitpicks. I think it helped that I had spent the whole day inking before I started in on it.

Did the registration thing and tracked down my Madeline for lunch in the library as usual.

In class we dug up a photo that we liked and did line art and then those were photocopied. We reduced the colors of the image down to 12 and colored it in, and then we switched color swatches and colored it in with those. We were supposed to do it a third time but I couldn't finish fast enough. It looked neat but I didn't have my supplies (the teacher supplied some). It was a busy day. Someone commented that it was the most productive we had ever been in class. I think some people would have had more productive days if they bothered to stick around till 5pm.

I took it easy. I mapped out what I need to get done in the next couple days (a lot).

Watched Terminator 2 for what I think was the first time tonight with Katie and Gabe(Gabe made Ragout). What a lovely action movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your schedule worked out. It sounds like an interesting variety of classes. What do you know about the instructor for History of Laughter? Har det godt...mum