hi

hi

Sunday, April 12, 2009

I miss the sound of rain on a roof

Guess what I got done before 6:00 pm today? That's right. MY COMIC! I inked that sucked in record time. And it looks. It looks like a comic. I layed it out in a few hours and I think once it is all compiled, it will look amazing. Now I just need to sort out the text, the cover, the back flap, and the screens. I think I can manage two transfers on one screen. I'll just tape over one while I print the other. That way it will save me time on applying the emulsion. I will just have to clean and dry and tape, which will take considerably less time. And while one drys, I can print the other layer. It is all coming together! I just need to find paper big enough.

Got that done, and my Illustration homework. Which only took an hour and a half once I got reference photos. Zachary and Joe were right, the more detailed the thumbnail the easier the final result is to make. I had a very productive day.

I spilled ink on my leg but I was too lazy to clean it off. As the day wore on, I began to think that an ink spot or drip would make an awesome tattoo.

It rained ferociously for a little while. Things washed down the hill and people ran. It was really beautiful. Mom called me and we talked about the poem where our, "Goddamn the rain, Goddamn!" quote came from. Actually it doesn't have that line at all. Here is the poem, for your Spring Weather having enjoyment:

Ancient Music

Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.

Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.

Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.

Ezra Pound




No comments: