hi

hi

Friday, April 17, 2009

master puller

Never did I think I could have so much success and have so many prints! I got up at 7ish though I really didn't wanna. Stuffed myself into the shower and prepared a bag full of snacks. At 8:00am I left the house. It was gray and cold but the weather report said it would pick up.

No one was in the lab at school. Lots of people said they would show up for early printing but no one did till like 10am. Which was good. It gave me time to get my dibsies in on the table space (which I needed a lot of). And I got printing! And it went smoothly! I got better at pulling and knowing which ink to do twice before lifting the screen. After the halfway mark I just stopped loosing pages. I was hoping to have 50 but I ended up with around 70! Palmarin was around, Rainbow said hi, Matt said hi, Sandra worked on her project, Anthony was working, Christy (Kristy?) printed his thing that he is collaborating with the teacher who looks like a healthy Nick Cave. I shared my riddles and worked. At my top speed I got a series of prints done in about an hour. It helped when I could set them on the table behind me instead of the one across the room.

I only took breaks when my screens were drying during the transition point. I removed the emulsion as I cleaned the ink and reapplied all the emulsion and exposed the transfers at around the same time. Just easier to not have to do the running around of those steps. I had another burrito for lunch. Not the delicious one I had yesterday (it was a limited time offer).

Most of it went off without a hitch. Sure I did have to toss some due to being illegible but in general, they look really great. And when they are all piled together, ohhh that makes me happy. The last screens to print was the cover and that I had to apply the emulsion on another screen because the screen it was on had an odd mesh count. Something was weird. But redoing it only set me back 30 minutes.

A group of people were printing shirts when I was doing the cover so I had to set them on the table far away from me. So that final part took a little long. Still, I got it done and it looks GREAT! I gave one away to the people printing and one to, oh I forget her name but she is nice. People are so delighted when they give you art, specially if they know HOW MUCH WORK IT TAKES! DID I MENTION THE PAIN I'M IN? Argh I hurt all over. Shoulders, knees, feet, just ow. Something panged in both my hands when I was doing the last pulls. Like a sprain. I just had to keep going. I can feel the Advil now. I also used the foot massager that Rubie and Nate gave me for Christmas. Sooo good.

I got out of there at 9pm. 13 hours. The ride home was nice because it was actually working my legs and reliving the stress put into my feet. It was nice when I got past the point of feeling my callouses. I have about four. Damn squeegee.

No comments: