hi

hi

Sunday, October 12, 2008

they really care & apples galore



Today I received three awesome things in the mail: a care package from mom, some photos from Nate and Rubie, and my Jones soda!! The printing quality on the soda labels was nice and the pink sugar water within is delicious. The care package was in spirit of Halloween. It had candy corn in those mysterious Incredibles baggies mom sends me everything in, leather Norwegian gloves, a beanie bay, more Annie's pasta, some goodies from Nate and Rubie, and a Troll Doll! All the things of my youth are coming back to me. If only mom could find that large stuffed cat tht I used as my pillow for 10 years. It had a big red bow. Rubie and Nate sent me some wonderful photos from their trip to the Philippines. Each photo was a montage and I put the one of Rubie and a Tarsier on my fridge. Very cute.

Dad called wondering if I was planning on visiting and making some apple juice with them.

I tidied up my resume and went to Robin and Diana's with soda and cookie in hand and asked to use their printer. Diana hd to make a .pdf of it so that I could load it onto Robin's so I could print it, all because of the PC to Mac translation. Still, it printed out and even with a few alignment errors, it looks great!

I brought some soda up to Karen's and asked her who I should talk to at Gap Kids in regards to seeking employment.

Why am I seeking a job? Well I like a little padding in my own personal bank account, I need to get out of the house and meet some more people, I like to have little more self reliance, and when I move out I would like to have some income.

On the max ride to the Lloyd Center some guy spat on the floor before asking some due for a quarter. Then this family got on board and the kids were being kids but the dad shoved the middle boy into his seat and told him to settle down and of course the boy started to cry. He got right up in his face and told him to be quiet, drill Sargent style. Yeah that didn't work either.

I didn't even need to introduce myself to the guy Karen told me to talk to, he said, "You must be Karen's friend!" the instant we made eye contact. He looked over my application and resume and said he would call to set up an interview. I'm feeling positive about this. I treated myself to mall dinner (cinnamon bun and a pretzel) and went back home. The max would give me about a 25 minute commute. Time to read.

Later that night, Karen and I found ourselves at Robin and Diana's. Robin's sister Poppy was there and had made delicious apple crumble stuff. We played Apples to Apple for hours! Poppy won both rounds even though she had never played before. I didn't do so well but maybe that is because I normally play with more bizarre people. Sure K, D, P, and R are interesting but they don't play the game like my family does. I did win the "Irresistible" card when I played "Black Holes".

It was a productive and fun day. Tomorrow I hope to make productive with school work. I'm excited to get started on the things that are due soon.

No comments: