hi

hi

Friday, October 17, 2008

goofy goof goof GOOF goof...goof goooI'm tired good night

When I hear people talk of all nighters, I imagine what I could accomplish if I actually drank coffee. But since I know my limits, I know I have to have everything done by 2am. All nighters are not even a question at this moment.

My Ulysses/Odyssey illustrations are okay. Maybe when they are put up on the wall all together they will look better. Ehh, I'm not really feeling them. And I left my good charcoal at school so the third isn't quite the same as the rest. I try not to complain about these not living up to my expectations but they really didn't. Live and learn and see what everyone else does. I did my artist sketches on Olaf Gulbransson. I loved recreated his work, the lines and movement were fun to play with. Chad seems to like how I present my assignments so I'm keeping with the all ink and washes method. I think we are doing washes in class tomorrow. I am so going to rock that!

Every class I get better with figure drawing. Every single class. Every piece is a little bit better. During our break Diana, Karen and I looked at the new installation in the In Flux gallery. It is a bunch of ties nailed to a wall and the knots symbolize the amount of money each person was given (the tie each relates to one person). With a little looking it was pretty easy to tell what was going on, but having the explanation was just dumbing it down for the audience and we three were not cool with that.

During the break, Karen and I went to Quiznos and then I helped her set up her studio with inspirational imagery. There were textures and artists to be taped up and haikus to be written on the walls. Just a little decoration goes a long way. On the way out I saw Jen in her studio and said some hellos. The rest of lunch was spent as the victim of the really nice photocopier. In the process of getting references for my piece, I found many cool images via some color prediction magazines. I need to start a second look book/inspiration binder. Sleeves and binders for Christmas please.

My sketch for class was crap but we didn't go over mine that long. Today was painted the buildings and gabbed. It was a nice relaxing class and I liked the triptych that came out of it. Jen called me a stalker for remembering that Farel was at the last 24 Hour Comic Challenge. All I remembered was that there was some dude working on a big piece and Farel mentioned in class that he was there and I put two and two together. When I go through my day sometimes I make note of things to put specifically in here to relate my day. Sometimes I forget these things but the point is that I try to observe what is going on just for relating it somehow. So I remember people, that doesn't make me a stalker. I'm just observant. Yeah!! And Jen was probably just being a goof when she said it. Jen you goof, I know you read this!

Went home and it was straight to work. I'm ready for tomorrow, just have to stay awake through the morning.

No comments: