hi

hi

Thursday, October 16, 2008

su-su-studio

The Goose gave us a day warning that the water was going to be shut off but they never did it, at least not when I was taking my shower.

Comic club was mostly just us working on the jams. I scanned them all for the club but I didn't put them on my usb stick. They were okay, this group doesn't quite get the concept of making a coherent story but eh, it takes time. It's a lot of things coming out of nowhere instead of using what is already there...sorta. Or maybe I'm just being too picky. Daniel D talked to us about staging a comic battle. I think Karen and I would make a good team. Or we would just draw things and she would go, "BAAAH!!" and I would go, "HEEE!!" and eventually loose the battle to a more serious pair.

After the club I scanned in all the comics and then went home and got to work!! I finished up two of my illustrations (out of three). The first fits the style I wanted to go with and looks very clean, the second does not fit the style and is a little hard to read and if I had the time I would redo it. It also isn't so clean but I can't erase the marks now. Boo! Still, did a lot of work. Typed up this little paragraph of whatever for my studio class. Wanted to get that out of the way. Now I am just down to reading, sketching, another illustration, and artist sketches. Some of those will take longer than others. And then it is the 24 Hour Comic Challenge! And then it is my job interview! And then head on into mid-terms where I only really have two major things due (a zine and the thought web which I started weeks ago and got some more pictures for tonight).

In exchange for dinner, I helped Karen move into her studio space. It went quick and the pizza and discussion was good. I helped her with the starting of her thought web. Well gave her some ideas, I'm not doing it for her. But I would love to just do more and more of these things. They rock!

No comments: