hi

hi

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

employed again

I got the job at Gap Kids. I go in on Sunday for training. Go me!

I returned a chunk of books to the public library. Robin and Tess were there so I got some hellos in. I checked out Zak Smith's Gravity's Rainbow Illustrated: One Picture for Every Page. It is really spectacular and the images are so varied. Is it a good book? Also got some photography books of Diane Arbus and Nadar. I'm currently watching Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus. It has Nicole Kidman and Robert Downey Jr. in it. Pretty good thus far but it is mostly about who she was before she was famous and how she became introduced to circus people. Did I mention Robert Downey Jr is covered in hair?

Payed my electric bill. Checked out Art Media to see if they had any of those crooked brushes in a larger size but they only had the tiny tiny ones. I find myself using the size 6 most but for detail, yeah I am down to 0 or so. I need a carrying case for my brushes. Right now they are just crammed together in a plastic bag.

Karen and I went to Fred Meyer's to do some shopping. I got bread, juice, and a couple other things. Checked out the Burt's Bees section. Lindsay said that part of the reason she has age so good is that she started putting on eye creme when she was my age. Now I'm not afraid of aging but she does look her age while looking pretty damn good. Burt's Bees has some nice pomegranate eye stuff. I don't moisturize at all so that's probably not the best for my skin either.

Initially I was going to use floss glued over the images to create the links but it became too cluttered looking so I took it off and just put another layer of modge podge on top of my thought web. It looks good but I'm a little nervous about presenting it as the images are really really small.

When I was checking my books out some crazy lady was getting banned from the library. She was screaming about something as they banned her for three months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the job. I hope it goes all right dealing with people. I would suppose you should wear their clothes to also show them. You look good so would be a good walking example of what they have to offer. Nothing is wrong with looking your age. If you are 20, then why not look 20. When you are old, like 30, It's OK to look 30. When you are ancient, well, who cares.

JS