hi

hi

Friday, July 25, 2008

introducing Holly

Jen and I met up to see The Goonies at the Flicks on the Bricks. Last summer I saw Batman with a bunch of people that I don't really hang out with now(we run in different circles). Jen arrived at about 6:30, very early. I met her about fifteen minutes later with pillows and blankets in hand. She had acquired a good spot on the amphitheatre part. Now all we had to do was wait. Her friends Brittany and Tim joined us before it got too crowded. Tim is going to Antarctica for a few months. I told him to look out for Sully, Lindsay's friend that is also going there soon.

The movie didn't start until nine. Until then we shared a large cheese steak sandwich from the cheese steak guy, gabbed about the times, I had a BlueNilla(blue berry/vanilla) flavored ice cream treat, and oodles of popcorn. Some piggy little kids came back with armloads of popcorn.

I haven't seen Goonies in years. I remember it but not in full. I certainly didn't remember a youthful, attractive Josh Brolin in it. It was nice campy fun. This kid a few people away from me was having a riot, the type of riot you couldn't have in a theatre because some one would scowl at you.

I walked Jen to her bus stop. She really needs to get a bike.

Earlier in the day I had a really pathetic workout. I guess I was still exhausted from the many miles I rode yesterday. 20 minutes of weak treadmill total. I broke a sweat but it wasn't much of one.

I cleaned up the place. It doesn't take much to make it look good, just a little tidying.

Holly Update:


I cleaned up the place in preparation for the couple Weeks in which I will be taking care of Chelsey's not-quite-a-kitten, not-quite-a-cat Holly Golightly. At a little after four I went to her place at 19th & Irving to pick up the lovely little thing. It was a slow trek back with all her things. I was sweaty all over again (I always misjudge the weather). I dropped the stuff off and we went to the vet to get her stitches checked out. She just got spayed, poor little thing. Everything was okay. Chelsey gave her some sad last minute loves before she departed. I promised to keep posting an update for her with pictures.

Right now she is wandering about, checking the place out. Ibanez is in his room because he is scared of her. She tried to get up on my window ledge but couldn't quite make it due to her collar. Holly is a sweet little thing.

No comments: