hi

hi

Monday, July 21, 2008

Agent Cooper, style icon

I left the house today. Amazing, I know! Had to get some things. Those things were at Powell's. It was crowded but not so bad. It amazes me that people buy baskets full of books. Sure I buy a lot of books but I get them over time. I don't acquire a reading pile all at once. I picked up Interworld by Neil Gaiman, now that it is in paperback.

I also bought an issue of Psychology Today because I like their tidbits and articles. I read a lot of PT in my library days when I would work on processing the magazines. Did you know that, "80 percent of moms over 65 said they have a favorite among their grown children"? It goes on to say that it is okay as long as the children have the preference explained and do not feel that it is unfair. It is a good read. Miles away from the crap that is US Weekly that, through an online registration mishap, comes to our mailbox every Friday (stars are just like us because they prop open doors with their bums, OH MY GOD!). Seriously those celebrity gossip magazines are a blight and should be ended. Think of all the trees that would be saved! I also like the concept art and photography that accompanies the articles in PT, it is a nicely designed magazine all around I think.

Worked out a little longer today. Really no fun without Karen. Hard to keep going after the first length.

Drew a little as well. Just a couple tiny portraits. Didn't watch any movies.

Trader Joe's has some really good pre-made mini tacos. You throw about nine of them on a cookie sheet and 10 minutes later you have a delicious well rounded people. Shame you only get about 3-4 servings out of a box. I'm out now. Dang. As much as I would love to run out and buy more food, I am trying to get through what I currently have. I am buying more than I need and while it isn't spoiling before I get to it, I should really work on what I have. So, more oatmeal, cake, and eggs in the coming days.

I set my alarm to 10:00 so that my body doesn't get too adjusted for sleeping in. Sure I go back to sleep but I think it is enough of an interruption to my overall cycle that it keeps me from staying up till 4:00am. Good idea? Setting the alarm? Yes/no/maybe so?

Averie's birthday is tomorrow. Actually it is today because it is 1:05am. She hits the big Two-Oh. The last of the Pedersen kids in their teens. That Averie, she is a superwoman.

Mom and Rubie's birthdays are nearer to the end of the week. Big month for Birthdays. Celia and I have the winter holidays all to ourselves.

In Bust magazine they have a fashion photo spread inspired by Twin Peaks. I quite like the looks but a whole shoot devoted to an early 90's Pacific Northwest Horror/Mystery David Lynch cancelled too soon television series?

No comments: