hi

hi

Monday, September 24, 2007

pah-chew! lasers! pah-chew!


Mel complimented me on having a great kitchen. Clearly she just saw our fridge and assorted counter top appliances, and not the stack in the sink. I got a dish load going right now, I'm clean and all that. On our fridge is a photo of Phoebe, a photo of Amma, a photo (I took and printed) of Ibanez, a quote about frogs, a Mech Warrior magnet, a Gnome magnet, a magnet of Lindsay's old cat, a flier for Japanese Hamlet, a Japanese flier for Matthew Barney's Drawing Restraint, a cut out of a man I did for my first Time Arts project, and pictogram magnets! You can also see to the right my Oster mixer and rice cooker.

No one tried to turn into the bike lane today, though one lady was driving in it a little. Kinda wanted to shout at the stupid lady on her cellphone. Pay attention lady!

Stayed awake for Art History and learned some cool stuff about Egyptian pyramids and whatnot.

I started today in the darkroom with a photo for fun, instead of the assignment we were supposed to do (unity) and the photo I did (the one of Ibanez that is on the fridge) turned out great! And that gave me real confidence and I think I produced at least five good prints. Not sure if I'll spend more time in the darkroom tomorrow, might have to but I don't feel so frustrated now that I've pulled off a few pieces. But that's the way to go, combine art you have to do with art you want to do.

We made zoetropes in Time Arts. Super fun! Mine was of this secret agent lady walking and firing laser guns. There's a good amount of motion and it looks sooo cool. Its all pahCHEW pahCHEW. There were lots of good ones, one had a moustache bouncing about and another was hair ruffling about. Next class we will put them into the computer and animate them a little better. Whoo!!

Getting really easy to bike home. All I need is a tube to lug my paper work back and forth in.

PahCHEW! Heroes on in 10 minutes, whoo!! Prison Break is currently in an awesome second episode of a third season (I'm so glad MariCruz is alive). Love the show but hope it will be the last season, they can't stretch it out anymore.

No comments: