hi

hi

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

no heat in Portland

Woke up this morning with time to spare on making myself a nummy breakfast. Was going to make scrambled eggs, got the eggs all ready and was just waiting on the pan. But the pan didn't sizzle when I tested it. It didn't even cook it a little. It was like the range wasn't even on. It was at medium and I set it to high to test and nothing. Tried all the other ranges and still nothing. Put the egg mixture in the fridge and decided to just have a cereal bar and banana. When I came home I was going to make the scrambled eggs for dinner but the range STILL wouldn't turn on, and the oven wouldn't either. The indicator lights were on so it wasn't unplugged. I was left with one option, I had to call the man.

Dad was just going to bed (so he says)when I called him. He said to check the breaker switches. I turned them off and on and nothing, nada, el zilcho! I'm going to have to talk to the Goose Hollow people and get them to fix it because without the stove I am stuck in Cheerio/Sandwich/Cereal Bar territory. God forbid I have to include more vegetables with my meals. Cracked open the first jar from Tuna Clause, oh yeah lunch will be awesome tomorrow! Had to enquire from dad about how much mayo to put in, and if there was any secret thing I was missing. The technical amount to put in is a "glop" of mayonnaise.

In Digital Tools we messed around in Garage Band making noises that the teacher called "textures". Fun but the constant noise really got on my nerves. We'll be into video next so that's cool. Its a nice general overview of the programs, most of which I am not familiar with in the slightest. Plus they are all Macs and on a PC my work has never mysteriously vanished leaving ghost files that may or may not be there. Grr, thankfully my files ghosted when I only had about two done (out of 15).

We reviewed perspective (my old arch-nemesis)in drawing class. The first part was just one point perspective and then we broke for lunch. There was this financial tip speech going on and I hear there was a free lunch (sure I packed my lunch but free pizza? come on!) Mollie and I showed up at a lecture where there was pizza but it wasn't about finances and managed them, it was more about acrylic paint and we decided that was more interesting so we stuck around and had pizza and learned about how to mix paint with stuff. I still ate my lunch after two slices, developing that artist "eat when there's food" stomach.

The rest of drawing class was spent outside drawing one point perspective of condos and streets. Mine was meh, decent. Didn't have the life the tree did.

I was all bundled up today, gotta be for the bike in the morning. COLD! I need gloves, good gloves. Not dinky little knitted ones with no grip (no grip on a bike, that's smart). And a basket for my bike to make it easier to go grocery shopping. I loaned Mollie my scarf during the outside drawing, as it was cold outside and I had my (dad's)cap that goes down over my ears. A lot of people were questioning me about being cold, Michael ever offered me his jacket (awww) but I was fine, I had three layers. I think tomorrow I'm going to bring a jacket to school to leave in my locker just so I have something there in case there is a snap and I'm not prepared.

Says there will be rain soon. UHHHHG I can't bike with an umbrella in one hand.

No comments: