hi

hi

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I've been shot!


I just got back from Sean's. Because I was over at Sean's you know we were watching a movie. This time it was Severance. It was great. Just the right amount of scary that doesn't leave me worried about Soviet war criminals lurking outside my window and enough scary to make me go EEE. It was shot really well; the colors were nice and clean with good greens and blues and the darks were nice. Enough character development to make you go "AWW DANG NO" when they died (and I went "AWWW NO" at every one of them, I felt bad every time). Didn't try too hard to be a commentary about weapons companies, sure you could get that out of it but I just found it to be a well put together thriller/suspense/action/sort-of-really-violent movie. Plus it had the guys who played Howard in Death at a Funeral and Gustav Graves in Die Another Day in it. It bugged me every time he was on screen where I had seen them before, yay for the Internet.

We made popcorn in a pan, not from a bag, to enjoy with the movie. Turned out a little salty but it was good.

I wore the nice coat that Jeanette gave me today, it is always cold in the morning and you never know if the gray will stay or leave. It left, and the sun was oh so radiant. Had to lug the big thing around with me all day. Errg.

More audio work in Digital Tools. It is interesting but I am starting to get tired of it. Gordon said we might make zines int he end which I think would be super awesome and cool. This is his first year teaching, I think hes doing pretty well but I am well and ready to move on from Garage Band.

On the way to my next class I ran into Daniel who said class was cancelled due to Arvie being sick (possibly food poisoning). Chatted with Mollie, Michal, and Michael a bit. Michael wasn't quite sure about the specifics of two point perspective so I whipped out a pen and drew a quick little tutorial for him. On my arm. He took my pen and drew two little dots above the drawing and said, "there, now it is a smiley face."

Outside I was unlocking my bike and a nice lady with her bike was looking around for a spot to park hers and I mentioned to her how I was leaving in a minute. She was very grateful even though she probably would have seen me leave, even if I hadn't told her). Nice to be gracious and friendly.

I didn't get halfway down the sidewalk when I encountered Jim and we talked at great length about comics (great length=I'd say 20 minutes?). Noel joined in for a little bit, so many good comic people around here. Very awesome!

After that I went to make my comic run and decided to go up to Trader Joe's (I knew it was on Glisan and somewhere around 20th). Comic run proved successful, sort of. Well the only thing in was American Virgin and Becky Cloonan wasn't the artist for it again and if she isn't doing it anymore I don't know if I can stick with it as I had only bought it in the first place due to her artwork. Story isn't so great, it has it's moments I just don't know what it is leading into. Picked up a couple indie comics on a whim (bad Trillian, whims are bad) but well, you gotta support the indie comic maker. God willing that will be me some day!

It was alllll up hiiiiiillllll to get to Trader Joe's. And it was hooooot. Uhhhg. Got there alright, my fear of biking near cars is almost all gone (not so good at trying to achieve a left turn when I am on the far right side of the road. Got honked at when I did it and I couldn't get enough speed to do it not-wobbly. Ahhhg.). I wasn't really in need of anything from Trader Joe's, I just wanted to see where it was and what they had (also it is fun to adventure). Ended up getting some cheese puffs, jam, and Emergen-C. Biking back was down hill and easy peasy. Got to 13th alright, even though I had to go West on 16th for a bit. No worries about it, I knew I'd find a place to cross eventually.

Relaxed at home for a bit, ate some lunch and kicked back. Did my laundry. The people will be coming TOMORROW to fix our stove/sprinkler.

I had an appointment at the Portland Clinic so I left at 3:00 for that. They were very helpful and kind to me at the desk and at the counter on the 3rd floor. And when it came to giving me my third Gardasil (what I was there for, needed to establish myself somewhere to get the third shot) they did it without the proof I had the first two. I'll call my old doctor and have them fax the proof I wasn't tricking them tomorrow (they closed at 4:00 and I didn't get to the point of getting the shot until 4:15). But yeah, they did it and that was super nice of them! I think they were more willing because I was mellow about the possibility I may not get it today ("oh yeah that's cool, I understand. I live like five minutes away, I can come in whenever right? No biggie.). I know the attitudes that get people behind the desk to be nicer to you, but it wasn't much of a stretch. I'm really happy and content down here. Wonderful place Portland and PNCA.

Went back home, talked to mum and Nathan on the phone. Lindsay and I went to Ole' Ole' for dinner (we needed the hot meal) and I had one of their burritos. It was HUGE and the owner and waiter seemed really impressed that I got through 2/3 of it. Sort of complimented me on my eating prowess almost. Nothing on the menu went over $6 and the food looked great with large portions.

Sean stopped by (he knew we were back because I was went "whooo!" in his open door as we were walking past it in the hall) and I wasn't sure if I was up for a movie tonight but OOOHH I am so glad I saw it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know- it is perfectly OK to get off your bike and use crosswalks to make left turns on a bike. That is the law in bike-land Denmark. Because it is SAFE. You won't get honked at.