Monday, February 16, 2015

gal and val

Ahhh! I meant to blog before I left on Saturday, but I forgot. So here is a three day post!


Did some work, then met Karen in Bremerton to celebrate Galentine's Day. Mom, you didn't tell me that you ran into Karen on the Ferry! Or rather as of this blog entry, you haven't texted to tell me you say Karen.

First I swung by Comics Keep in Bremerton to procure the first issue of Help Us! Great Warrior, by Madeleine Flores and colored by Trillian Gunn. Gotta support cool people making comics! And I also got the first volume of Sex Criminals (not exactly what it sounds like) and some Lumberjanes issues. And I started up my box again (I had a comic subscription box here before I left Washington for Portland, pre-blog era) to make sure I got more HU!GW and Lumberjanes, and whatever else I want on order. Dana, the shop owner, remembered me. How nice!

Then I met Karen for sushi and chat. I adore her, she's so great. Her company is always wonderful, and having a friend who has seen you go through stuff, and you've seen them grow. Such a good thing.

Together we saw Inherent Vice...and I kinda wished we'd seen Jupiter Ascending instead. IV was just... unneeded. The filming was good, the shots were excellent, casting on point and all that but the plot was unintelligible! Like it would just go on and on and on and we were both looking at each other going "this is really weird, what is happening I'm so lost..." yeah. Nice to look at but uhhhg nah.

We parted ways and I went to Trader Joe's and got food and I noticed my tire was looking a little low, so I topped it off before heading back home.


I made an appointment at Walmart to get my tire fixed (it was leaking, but not at an undriveable rate). Did some laundry. Got all gussied up and left with plenty of daylight to see Aaron for Valentine's Day. Daylight so that we could walk Banjo. And it's nice to spend time with a fella that you like. We walked Banjo down to the beach and the tide was low and clams were spurting water.

On the return, we made a calzone for dinner! It was mozzarella and goat cheese and prosciutto. I picked up the supplies at TJ's based on a recipe I found. Can't let Aaron do all the cooking, though he is very good at it. It was a tasty meal, but could have used some more flair. We watched a movie and I stayed over.

Breakfast was a drive up to Kingston, too long a wait at the brunch place, and a short walk to the crepe place and then crepes! We (sans Banjo) walked down to the dock and looked at the boats.

I left relatively early to make my appointment at Walmart. Got my tire fixed no problem. Picked up some discounted candy and went home. OH! I also got some fudge in Kingston.

I managed to catch Darrah during her visit with Celia. She and Jill hosted me over in Massachusetts way back when. After a property walk around, we got into the fudge and chatted. Now Darrah is flying back to Boston and I'm up late after doing some work and I'm tired so time to hit the hay!

One more flat tire, and the hazard insurance has fully paid for itself ($10/tire for four tires and three repairs).

No comments: