Saturday, December 6, 2014

tree thievery


It has finally thawed out a bit! The rain came and the snow is melted! It's less icy everywhere and that is grand. Worked on site and mostly photographed items. Did a lot of lighting riggings, and it's getting better session by session. I photographed a lot of jewelry.

And after work I met Aaron in Poulsbo for Pho! And we had pho and chatted till the restaurant closed. So that was nice. Got home at 10ish, but I wasn't working on site the next day so it's all good.


Slept all the way in. Rolled out of bed, washed my dishes, made coffee, snacked. Mom and Dad arrived at around 1ish. First we set about getting the paddleboat off the seawall. Took some bailing of rainwater out of it, and then some muscle to tilt and drain the interior. It needs some patches lest it sink when we first take it out on the water. Hauled it up and trucked it up near the snipe, and I draped my tarp over it. The tarp that was under my tent on all those camping trips across the country. The dirt and dust of the country!

Then we got out rain gear and saws and got into the truck and off we went to Duckabush Road to bag ourselves a Christmas Tree. We got a permit to allow us to chop one down. We went far up this narrow road which climbed around the mountain. A forest service road that my parents were surprised at how well it was maintained. They found a good tree once we got to a fork in the road. I also stole a tree for my out decoration purposes. We threw them in the truck and secured them under a net and headed back down the hill to Brinnon. We grabbed an early dinner at Half Way House. Dad and I had the 2 for 1 steak special, mom the oysters. Mine was delicious and we all split a banana creme pie!

Mmmm. Food.

My Twin Peaks and Cornetto Trilogy sweatshirt and shirt arrived too! Well it arrived at my parent's house, they just had to deliver the packages to me.

I helped Dad chop down a stray driftwood log, lest it break apart the seawall in a bad storm. I returned Catan and Carcassone to Ma & Pa. They didn't stay the night. I did some of my work from home stuff. Now to sleep.

No comments: