hi

hi

Monday, May 13, 2013

over the border and into sunshine

Friday:

Yay! Friday! And it was a most singular task driven day. I had 11 10"x3" banners to do, and it did take all day to do them. Thankfully they were already cut longways, so it made the job go by pretty seemingly fast. Jeff tidied the rest of the studio. I started listening to Stephen King's Under the Dome. It is looking to be harrowing and brutal. Just the way I like my Stephen King.

Back at home I packed up, and at 7 I departed to meet Steve in San Jose for our weekend in Carson, Nevada.

It was a long drive, but no deer jumped in front of us crossing the pass (same road to get to Kirkwood and Tahoe). And we listened to Under the Dome, which was neat. His parent's bought a place, and some stuff had to be picked up, so we were there to pick it up.

All the grommets I punched at work did my shoulders in though, so I had a very restless night sleep. Not fun.

Saturday:

I slept in, and awoke to find out that Steve had gone to collect the mattresses on his own, so I sat in the small back yard and worked on crossword puzzles and snacked. When he returned, I helped moved the California King up the narrow stairs. Not an easy task. The twin mattresses were much easier. Seems like the house will be fitted for lots of various people to crash at. Steve's Dad's copilot Tim was staying there at the same time, but he was working on this plane thing so obviously he couldn't pick up the mattresses. Anyway. We went and got some Thai food for lunch, drove around a bit. It was a lovely day. Saw many Yellow Cars. Got Steve playing Yellow Car, though he has yet to listen to Cabin Pressure. We visited the airplane hanger where Tim and other machinists were working on plane conversion stuff, and got to check out the planes they were working on. It was pretty cool, seeing the interiors all stripped out and stuff. Made me think of Pa and Grandpa.

We made a Costco trip to see about getting sheets for the small mattresses, but there were none in the right size, so we just got a bake at home pizza and some ice creme. Yay for ice creme! We tried to find an ice cream place earlier in the day, but the GPS took us to an ice cream distribution center but not an actual store. Funny, but a bummer.

Back at the house, we put the pizza in and read our respective books while it heated up. It was very thick pizza, but tasty enough. Nice mellow day and night.

Sunday:

It was an early start, but not in a bad way. With no TV and Internet, going to bed at a reasonable hour becomes really feasible. We shared a waffle and had tea and coffee at a nearby coffee place, then returned to the house and packed up, and then headed back to San Jose. It was a scorcher of a day and soon I was melting. The ride went fast for me because I ended up taking a nap for about half of it. I'm a bad road trip companion. We had lunch at Carl's Junior and then back on the road we went. We got in to San Jose at about 3:30 and I got home an hour later. The traffic was pretty backed up, but going in the other direction on 17.

I took my time relaxing and catching up on Doctor Who, and then late in the afternoon I did my weekly grocery shopping. And I called Ma & Pa to chat.

Ooops! I wrote up this post early last night, but forgot to post it with the final inclusion of me watching Game of Thrones and eating salad.

Odd Owl's Kickstarter is at $3,426!!

No comments: