hi

hi

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I welcome the sun and the weekend with it

Work was pretty short, which was nice because the day was beautiful. I coated screens, I taped screens, I patched screens, I prepped screens for printing. Not all in the order. It was a screen sort of day.

Went home and washed my car. Now it is all shiny and pretty. I finished Silence of the Lambs...which I started YESTERDAY! 10 hour audiobooks take me about 3-4 days worth of work to finish, and I often take music breaks. Took very few music breaks between those two books.

I met up with Ryan, James, and two new people: Camille and Marina to catch Danny Boyle's new movie: Trance, at the Del Mar. I got my standard clementine Izze and big popcorn, AND the girl at the ticket office recognized me so she didn't ID me. I'm now a recognized customer! Anyway, as for the film it was within the genre of dream within a dream and what is and isn't real, and it was pretty damn good for being of that genre. It was hard to get a hold of character motivations, but it was neatly wrapped up. Though it was confusing for longish stretches of time. It was quite a bit shocking at times, but it was quite the beautiful movie. And James McAvoy was neat.

Afterwards we went to 99 Bottles for beer (they have 99 varieties available). I had a pint of this oatmeal stout that was tasty. We chatted about customs, about art, about the movie, about other movies. There was a live band and Marina and I watched them play for a bit. It was all quite the nice evening.

When I was riding back someone said "hey dude on the bike, where's the beach" and I pointed to the beach and then pointed out I was a girl. I've never been assumed to be a dude before. Was it the polka dot helmet?

No comments: