hi

hi

Monday, January 21, 2013

last days as a 24 year old

Saturday:
  • Slept in, of course. 
  •  Got cashback at Trader Joe's and some snacks for the drive up. The couple behind me in line was really nice, and they were from Poulsbo so we bonded over being far away from the gray weather.
  •  The drive up to San Francisco was uneventful.
  •  Carmen and Josh bought some guinea pigs and named them Merlin and Arthur. They are quite cute.
  • Carmen and I took the N Train to tonight's venue. 
  •  The gig was Trails and Ways with My Satellite and Tremor Low.
  • Phil and his brother Stephen were also at the gig. Phil and Carmen both bought me birthday drinks. Nice people. 
  •  It was a good show. Not hop around and dance type music, but I dug it. Tremer Low moreso than Trails and Ways, which was the headliner.
  • We ate sushi down the street and it was good. 
  •  Cabbed it back, though it wasn't that late.
  • It was nice to sleep in that big cozy bed that I slept in all those months ago while looking for, and eventually finding work.
Sunday:

  • Woke up relatively early for me, though Sundays tend to be early days.
  • Had some oatmeal and tea and chatted with Josh and observed the guinea pigs.
  • I was a bit late leaving San Francisco for Oakland.
  • And my GPS refused to locate any satellites.
  • So I got turned around, and turned around again.
  • And arrived on Lakeshore an hour later than planned
  • But I made it!
  • Finn, Robin, and I drove onwards and parked and had brunch at Cock-A-Doodle Cafe.
  • We browsed the used bookstore while waiting for our table.
  • I had the eggs benedict. It had avocado and it was delicious. I ate it with my hands and made quite a mess of it, and I probably embarrassed my companions but they have good poker faces.
  • From there we returned to Robin's, where I parked.
  • We walked down to Lake Merritt and went into another used bookstore (though it also had new books). George Grosz's autobiography caught my eye. I want to read more biographies and non-fiction, so this with my Lucrezia Borgia and Berthe Morisot tomes will make for some good historical reading when I eventually get around to it.
  • Finn treated us to coffee, though I had hot cocoa, and we sat by the lake and Finn read to us from This Is How You Lose Her as the sun set. It was a nice time. Finn biked away.
  • Robin and I drank wine and watched Clueless.
  • Then we drank tea and watched a bit of Basquiat.
  • Then I drove home.


And now it is past midnight, so I guess I am officially 25.

No comments: