hi

hi

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

ending the year at the top

Ended up sleeping in San Francisco, because I didn't want to risk being on the road with many potentially drunk drivers. So here is a double post!

Monday:

My last night on the futon. I set my alarm because my new mattress was set to arrive between noon and 1, and I needed to get ready for it. I washed my sheets, moved my futon off the frame, opened up the area around the bed to make way, and then I waited. When the mattress arrived, I found out that the one I ordered was backstocked or something, so they gave me the better mattress for the same price! Wowza! I can't wait to sleep on my mattress. As of typing this, I still haven't slept on it.

Anyhoo, my plans for Midnight became hanging out with Carmen & Josh and whoever else was at their house in San Francisco. But since I had the rest of the day before heading up, I took it easy, ate some food, and put the sheets and blankets on my bed. It looks so nice.

I didn't get up to San Francisco till 9, because I forgot what I was going to bring to the shindig at home and had to go back (I wasn't far, but far enough to make it a bit of a delay). Nate and Helen were there, as was Joe, Josh's engineer for his game. We played Apples to Apples (Nathan won, Helen came up second, and I third). Drank some hot buttered rum. Popped crackers at 11 indoors so that we wouldn't litter outside, and then at 11:20ish we walked up the hill to see the view. It was a clear brisk midnight, and we were bundled appropriately. I was wearing my blue silk Jon Valdi trousers that Celia gave me years ago, with a printed top tucked into it, and over that a sweater, and over than my gray longcoat and white shawl, wrapped as a scarf in the Sherlock style. I was stylin'. Joe departed for Oakland and did not summit the hill with us.

The view was lovely. Golden Gate Park was a dark strip through the glittering lights of Inner Sunset, and downtown (whatever area that is called) was radiant. The fireworks were big, though far away, but still big enough to OOOOOO and AHHHH at. Wonderful place to end the year at. I've come far, and can only go further!

I stayed the night at Carmen & Josh's.

Tuesday:

I helped Josh as a demo tester person for the game he is working on. Sorry mom, it isn't yet available on non iDevices. It is pretty fun game, with nice music! Had some tea and then off I returned to Santa Cruz and my yet unslept in bed.

I showered, tidied up, and put my feet up. Watched Miranda. Snacked on food stuffs. Later on Steve came down for a visit and we chatted about names and our various experiences on holiday. He has work tomorrow, so he left. I don't have work tomorrow, so I am staying up! Ha!

I feel pretty good right now. And my bed looks mighty inviting.

No comments: