hi

hi

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Holly is a sensitive dog

Said goodbye to Ma & Pa. That was such a fun little vacation! Lots of roaming around my city and food and fun and a bit of shopping.

They said they'd get me a mattress for Christmas, and right on cue my bed is starting to feel really uncomfortable. Haha. You'd think the futon would be trying to win me over or something.

Met up at the motorhome at around 10:30. Pancakes for breakfast! Yay! The first stop, after dropping Holly off, was Lighthouse Field State Park. We found parking at the museum, which didn't open till noon, so we got the binoculars and watched the surfers. And I say that in a non creeper way. They were really good surfers! Binocs just make it easier to appreciate their skills.

It was another beautiful day. The weather has been amazing during my parent's visit. Now they are going back to sucky Seabeck weather. California is curing my Pacific Northwest Stockholm Syndrome.

The Surfing Museum was pretty cool. A little place, with lots of boards and history. From there we walked down to the beach and then walked back because there were quite a few dog poops on the beach. I drove and parked downtown and we walked up Front Street. I was able to point out some shirts I had printed in a shop window. We checked out the Museum of Art and History, which had an exhibit of Collections. Like, different things people have collected over time, like skulls, old drills, burnt sculptures, computers, etc. And each collection had a blurb about the collector, which I really liked.

There was a history exhibit as well, and Santa Cruz strikes me as very prone to natural disasters like earthquakes and floods. Well, maybe not PRONE but they have had a few in the past 100 years. There, like at the Surfing Museum, was some history about Duke Kahanamoku, a Hawaiian surfer who spent time at Santa Cruz. I wonder if he has a cool biography about him-NO! TRILLIAN! You have ENOUGH to read.

After the museum, Ma and Pa were hungry, so we stopped at a Thai food place on Pacific. I moved my car because the time was starting to run low. Ma and Pa ordered for me, which was fine because between Ma's soup and Dad's squid salad and spring rolls and side of rice and chicken satay, there was more than enough food for the three of us.

We walked down Pacific. Dad got a swell shirt at O'Neill's. We went into Logos and I found a copy of X'ed Out by Charles Burns for SEVEN BUCKS! Sweet deal! Ma got some vinyl, Dad got a CD. Then we all got froyo! And they got some tea at Trader Joe's.

Then we swung by my house and picked up a very excited and enthusiastic Holly and went to Seacliff State Park, or Cliff Sea Park. Something with a cliff. Holly was a good dog. One of the other little dogs went after her. What a jackass that dog was. Every other dog was mellow and Holly was mellow. That one dog though. Boo! Holly went down all the steps and all the way onto the wharf. She may be an old dog, but she can tromp with the best of them. The sunset was pretty. Holly went up the 149 steps like a trooper. She just likes attention.

At my house we picked up the remaining pie, Holly's food and blanket, and then I took Ma and Pa home and hugged them goodnight and goodbye.

Back at home, all by myself, I drew my portrait for the day and ate cookies.

No comments: