hi

hi

Sunday, January 1, 2012

new years! 2012 begins!

The last portrait is a self portrait. Last verse, same as the very first.

December 31st:

Slept in till 1pmish. Ah. It was nice. The house was a bit chilly. I got my tights on, my dress on, put my hair in hot rollers, and got all my stuff together. Planned to catch the 5:30 into Seattle. Ate a late breakfast. My hot rollered hair didn't last once I started trying scarf and jacket combos. Styling hair just ain't worth the bother. Put on a big dramatic coat and off I went to the ferry.

On the ferry ride over, I traded a drawing for a palm reading. The palm reader was from Montreal and was very attractive. A smooth operator. My palms say that I am intuitive, artistic, either very emotional or emotionless, and some other stuff. Palm reading is a good way to hit on ladies. Very very effective. Hahaha. Ah. Yeah.

Also, Marcus was on the ferry ride over, but with a crew of friends. We only ran into each other getting on and off the boat.

Anyway, Chris was waiting in the terminal. We headed to the Queen Ann (??) area of Seattle and got some pub food and a couple brewskis and chatted about portraits and life and what we have been up to. Then we went over to his friend Spencer's house party (well apartment party). It was packed full of my kind of nerd. Elin. Nancy. Kevin. Alex. A bunch of people. We talked many things and the party had the most stocked liquor assortment I have ever seen at a shindig of this nature. It was impressive and I thought I was good about my consumption levels. Unfortunately I was not so good at remembering to drink water. Don't worry! Nothing bad happened. I didn't throw up on a cat, or fall down, or punch anyone. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. At around 11:50, everyone in the party walked up the hill a bit to see the fireworks. It wasn't the best view for the display, but saw them we did. I went WHOOO a bunch. Then we wandered back to the apartment, cranked up the music, and dance dance danced. But then it became apparent that I was quickly approaching sleepy time, so Chris and I got a cab to his apartment, I curled up on the extremely comfy couch, and before I knew it, it was 10am the next day. Ha. Very fun, too bad I didn't drink enough water because then I might have lasted a bit more through the evening. Ah, oh well. Bye bye 2011, hello 2012!

January 1st:

Drank lots of water upon waking. Ate about half a slice of toast. At 1:30ish, we headed downtown. Tried to find a coffee shop but found all but the one in the terminal closed. Coffee for Chris, Citrus Odwalla for me. Yum! Said my farewell to my old friend Chris, and hopped on the ferry. Luckily, my boss Michael was on the same ferry ride over! So we talked and caught up some more.

Hopped in my car, and off I went home. Got the new Sherlock episode a downloading and then showered. Dinner was pasta and salad. Kudos to mom for her awesome salads. Once it downloaded, Mom and I watched it. OH SO GOOD! So so good. Exciting and multifaceted. Well worth the long wait. I'll be watching it again tomorrow for sure. And many more times. Ahhh.

Man, so weird to not list the day's portrait. Now I have to get down to real business.

STARTING MY LIFE! MOVING OUT! GETTING A JOB! STUFF!

No comments: