hi

hi

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

goodbye Heart of Gold, hello Bistromath

My new computer arrived! A little blue HP, not quite as pretty as my silver and white Dell, but considerably more powerful, with more space and youth to its hardware. Gots to replace computers before they implode and you lose everything. Not that I was in danger of that, just wanted to avoid that situation. Plus my old laptop's screen is black. Plus I'll be moving, so new start needs some new technology.

It is taking hours to transfer files over. It goes much faster from the external drives to the new computer. Just getting stuff off the old computer onto the drives, uhg. I have pictures transferred, working on some written things and audiobooks now. Photos can be a real doozy, now that digital resolution tends to be so high. AHh, oh well. Since I have this laptop to work off of while waiting, it's all good. Though I need to work on my magazine piece.

Had a good chat with art director this morning. Then went back to bed. AHh. So warm.

Mellowed out. My computer arrived so the rest of the evening was spent with that. I think after this last batch of transferring, I'll work on my piece. I need to figure out if our scanner goes up to 300dpi. If it doesn't, I'll need to go in to an Office Max type place and get it scanned there. Guuh. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

No comments: