hi

hi

Sunday, September 26, 2010

stu stu studio

We illustration majors are meeting on Tuesday (class is off for some reason) for an Illustration Rendezvous to discuss the assignment and help each other get on the same page. We are proactive about our success! We want to be the best ever. Be hard workers from the get go.

But the day was nice so Kristen and I walked around our neighborhood. Went to Portland Modern and looked at vintage clothing, most of it was musty and tacky and the guy would probably die from happiness if I brought in any of the actually good vintage stuff that I have (or rather mom has, because I don't fit some of that vintage wear anymore...erk I should probably exercise). But yeah, the stuff there, while well made, isn't very appealing. Bad vintage. Except for a really hot pair of shoes that look great on Kristen.

We got sushi. Just the right amount. Yum yum. Wandered around some more. I relaxed at home. And then packed up my computer at around 4:30ish and went to the studio. I spent the next five hours drawing me some Odd Owl poster art. Got the scale figured out (it will be 18x24) got the turban drawn (didn't take so long) got the face sorted out (drew it will pen in ink, not felt tip micron. I'm liking the pen nib actually, it is a little more reliable than a Micron though less transportable) got the brooch that sits on the turban drawn (took the longest to do, so much sketching and careful inking), and finally the lettering. Lettering always takes longer than I expect. Anyway, I am really excited to go and buy some paper and print this baby. Time flies when you are in the drawing zone, Top Gear is on your computer, and you have no windows to watch the sun go away.

But man do I love it. Love drawing, love when it works, love just puttering along working on something with a good show on. This is what I want to do. It really, really is.

But then I finished and went home and ate a late pasta dinner.

I'm itching a lot less. Like I still feel it, but I've been doing a lot better at holding back on the scratching.

Tomorrow I want to print. I think I'll just do a small run of posters, since it is larger. Keep it special.

No comments: