hi

hi

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

back to the barn

Yay! Back to quilting! I love putting together squares and just letting the hours drift buy as I piece things together. Got back to finishing my country fair quilt. Listened to about half of Definitely Dead (I'm just powering through these books) and got all the sawtooth star squares sewn! Some of the points match, some of them not so much. I'm learning. As I went they got better and better. And once they are all put together, it should look pretty awesome. 25 squares! The bobbin thingy got jammed when I started stitching the squares together, so I stopped there. Just as well. Ma came home and we three had dinner.

After that, Ma and I went to Joann's to get some batting and fabric to finish the border on my quilt. I'm excited! It should be finished in the next couple days. Got a nice flannel for the back. If the weather keeps, I can hand quilt on the lawn.

After Joann's ma went to Barnes and Nobel and spent a gift certificate. I got a little book about quilting and making blocks and designing patterns. It has some nice explanations about piecing things together. I want to design some squares. Nerdy squares. Daleks and jammie dodgers.

I was still hungry so we picked up a late take out order of Sushi. So good! I love Origami Sushi.

I can't wait to get up and quilt tomorrow!!

No comments: