hi

hi

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

why do I need a title every time?

You guys enjoy all the art I put up? I love my digital class. So much fun and I feel like I am really getting it. Also, with everything being digital it is a lot easier to put up the work that I am doing.

I left early so that I could pick up a compass. They had one of those electric erasers for cheaper than the instructor said so I picked one up (it also had oodles of extra erasers). Sweet little thing. Can't wait to use it.

Math is now into geometry. Lines and segments and the five rules of them. The teacher asked us to find a congruent segment for a line and I raised my hand and explained it and he asked me to show on the board how I did it. I struggled with his compass but I did the whole, using one point as the center and the other as a radius and drawing a circle and drawing a straight line from the center to another edge on the circle to make a same line lengthy...thing...thing. Yeah. I got it. Whooo!! Construction is tricky but at least it is visual.

Spent the next hour and a half carving my block. So much wood came off that puppy and I'm still not done. Student council lasted only half an hour. Afterwards I helped Daniel set up a homeroom site for the ASL Club (which was passed, right on!).

I checked out a tablet from the Cage and worked on my digital piece for the rest of the break. Worked on the sketch and at about 30 till realised I needed color compositions so I did those. There was a class going on but I was quiet and kept to myself. I'm tired of being proper and waiting for empty rooms. They didn't use the computers at all, why are they even in that room?

We had another painting pop quiz. This time a sunset done in Corel Painter. It was tricky but I liked the results. Critiques in that class are so awkward. Well not awkward, people just are quiet. I miss the days when monitors were separate and teachers could turn them off while they conducted class. Since all we have are those all in one Macs, we are rather stuck to having a huge glowing distraction during class. We worked on our thing. We technically got out early but I stayed till 6:15, wanting to finish the line work. I think I will do it monochromatic. Just looks so nifty that way.

I'm giving Arrested Development another try. Didn't like it much when it was on TV and so many people are all about it being the best show ever. It does have some funny moments but they are all so set up. Still very unidentifiable.

How are you?

No comments: