hi

hi

Saturday, August 13, 2016

out on the raft


I do summer weekends right, booyah! On Friday I drove to the post office and picked up my mail: Birchbox (which had great hair stuff and face goop and a nice eyeshadow) and Ipsy (eyeliner, face masks, face goop, weird brown/mauve lipquid lipstick) and my new Big Bud Press shirt which was on sale whooo! And I topped off my tank. Back at home I cleaned off the raft and sat out there for many hours soaking up the sun and I finished reading Girl on the Train! Ma and Pa came and went while I was on the raft. Neither of them went for a swim. It was perfect swimming weather too. I came to land a little bit pink but not full on burned, so that was good. Major tan lines though.

The otters were mad I was on their raft. They swam SUPER close. Close enough for me to get a photo of one where you could see all the ottery bits. And one was under the raft for about an hour, huffing and sniffing. I could see the whiskers.

Today I snoozed and then went out to the raft to work on my tan some more. I rubbed some SPF on the bits that already got sun and pointed my back to the sun. The middle bit had a light stripe because my flanks got tan. I wasn't angled right.

A boat came roaring at me from the other side and then apologized for not seeing me on the raft (they put up so much wake). If you can't spy someone on a raft, you have no business going fast on the water. So many loud boats. Argh.

My back is a little more even. But now my front is light. Next time it's hot and I can get out there in the 2-5 window. I've got my kayak + bucket + bag of books system down.

I got a breakfast shift tomorrow so nighty night.

No comments: