hi

hi

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

know when to fold 'em

SO TIRED! Got two days left. Tomorrow is going to be a super long one, between work and bees and home again. My tax return is supposed to drop on the 30th so fingers crossed!

So yesterday was a long full day. Started with the breakfast shift, so two and a half hours of dishes and loading the dishwasher and putting dishes away and keeping things moving. I did a lot better at keeping the flow of things. Then it was onto laundry! And that was three and a half hours of folding sheets and hauling sheets and folding more sheets. It's a work out! Holding up a king sheet and folding it up, it uses a lot of specific muscles. Dang. But now I know how to fold fitted sheets, so that's pretty cool! Did a mini food run and got home. Helped Celia. Drew comic. Took a major nap. Took a restless night sleep.

Today is the first of three deep cleaning days. Basically it's the time when you take a room and vacuum the carpet corner to corner, you wipe down the baseboards, you remove the toilet seat cover and clean under the bolt, you clean the light fixtures and dust up high and really scrub the bottom of the shower. It was time consuming though it rendered me less physically exhausted. Just so much detail work. I do another room tomorrow (seriously, five of my six hours on the shift were cleaning ONE ROOM that is how serious we do) and a third on Wednesday. Then I get a chunk of much needed days off. After work today I drove to Sequim because that's where the ink I use for printing. Specifically it's a Ranger Archival Ink pad. It dries so fast! My old one seems to be running a bit dry. It still works well enough for test prints, but it takes more pushing to get it a nice solid black. So now I have a new one that I'll bust out when it comes time to print editions, and a test print one. I also got some whale design washi tape to use on my envelopes. I like using the washi to make sure it's secure in the mail. Don't want a flap coming open!

Helped Celia with a kitty puke situation. Bleh. Now to retire to bed and hopefully get a better night sleep. My mp3 player is loaded up with hella podcasts. I went through so many today!

No comments: