hi

hi

Saturday, November 14, 2015

connecting a to b

Ah what a weird couple days. Thursday I felt like I took wrong turn after wrong turn. Or maybe just making dumb mistakes and not thinking. I picked up a Christmas Tree at the tree farm, but the gate was closed so I walked up to the barn to grab it (after saying hi to Sylvia)...but the gate wasn't locked. It LOOKED locked. But it wasn't. So I could have saved myself about ten minutes off that errands. Oops.

Then I picked up a check at Red Plantation and I called boss to confirm her seller number, which was the same it's always been and I knew what it was. Bloop.

Went to the Freemason's Lodge to help set up for this vintage fair. I made a coffee run too, and got a smaller tree stand for the tree. I got tea for me and was kinda miffed they put in TWO teabags for ONE 16oz cuppa. Like, one bag would be fine. Two is just a waste. Dang you Starbucks with your red anti-Christian cups!

I helped decorate the tree with ornaments for sale, and it was absolute overkill. But...that's the point! I grabbed some photos and then we got lunch in Lynwood and grabbed some client stuff and went back to the house to load up the photos to promote the sale. I helped cut coupons and did a chalk sign for the sale, and pet Bodi, and then headed home.

Traffic gave me an extra hour to my commute. Bleh. Got home, struggled to get a fire really happening. Talked to Ma and Pa. Went to bed early and tossed and turned.

In the morning (Friday) I rearranged the firewood pile, because the two stacks were getting wet and it wasn't really well covered. So I moved it into one stack and put the larger metal sheet over it, and the small sheet is against the stack to keep it from side wind rain. The wind blowing the rain at a diagonal has really drenched my poor wood piles. It's hard to find good dry pieces. Need some sort of shed.

I lit a fire, and it got going this time. I worked from home. Kept an eye on the eBay and client stuff for boss. I'll be doing more work from home tomorrow. It's supposed to rain for days and days. But it is Washington.

Off to bed with me.



I hope 2016 is a less violent year.

No comments: