Monday, June 1, 2015

out on the water


Rolled out of bed nice and late. Did the internet thing and the small breakfast thing. Did I run into town on this day? No that was Friday. Yeah. Had some noodles and pot stickers and beans, but not all at once. Had a nice chill day. Did some work from home. Went to sleep at a generally good hour because it was sailing time!


Sailing day! With the parents! Got up earlier than I usually do on a Sunday. Put my hair in a wind friendly do (low pony/braid), filled up a tupperware with granola raisin bran, grabbed a poptart, and made some coffee. Off I went to meet the parents in Silverdale, whoo. Easy nice drive. Parked. Hopped in the backseat and off we went to the marina. Boat was unroped and off...I think I've said "off we/I went" enough times. Yeah.

We motored out under the bridges and out across the water. Lovely day for it. Not too hot, a bit of wind, not too much boat traffic. The ferries went past. We went past a buoy with two sea lions resting on it. I sat out on the front. I took lots of pictures. I posted lots of pictures. Dad had his phone rigged as the GPS, and his phone was hooked to the external battery source I got him for Christmas. He is super stoked on that set up. We moored on Blake Island and walked to the Tillicum Village (through the woods, which were sunny and bright). We didn't catch the performance, but the air in the village building was warm and nice smelling with fresh smoked fish. Yum. I bought some chocolate and a post card. Dad got an octopus mug. We walked around the open part by the village. Ma pointed out some tame raccoons and I stamped my book from the ranger station. Then we hustled back to the boat. My ankle has been hurting a lot lately. Need to get it checked out.

I rowed Ma and Pa out in two trips (I also rowed them in, because the dingy is small and can only carry so much weight), then I laid down and took a nap while Dad got the sailing on out on the water. Sails out and all that. We got some good wind, I got some good Zzzs.

I did sit up deck a bit after napping. I think I managed to catch some sun. The wind got a bit slow as we got closer to Bremerton. We eyeballed the houses on the shore and pointed out which were obviously old summer cabins and which were new constructions.

Mooring back was easy enough. There was another boat named the Kobayashi Maru II. Not a great name for a boat...

My car was where I left it. I ran a Walgreen's errand and bought a Guardians of the Galaxy blind box bobble head toy on a whim, and it was Gamora!! She's now affixed to my dashboard next to Brienne. Yeah badass gals with swords.

I'm tired. I'll watch Sunday TV tomorrow.

No comments: