hi

hi

Thursday, April 16, 2015

or(egon) is it???

4/15/2015, 9pm

In Dunsmuir, California! Arrived at 4:15ish after leaving Eugene, Oregon at 11:30ish. Not… a tasking day’s drive. I was brought a doughnut to start the day. We walked around a bit, then checked out of the hotel, and went to Brail’s and got breakfast. I got the breakfast sandwich and a pig in a blanket and coffee and it was all very tasty. I want to hit up Ninkasi on the way back.

We listened to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone as read by Jim Dale, who mispronounced bezoar as “be-zshwah”. WRONG!!

I got an Arizona iced tea and some candy and that kept me content. We had an early dinner/late lunch in our Train Car Room in Dunsmuir. This hotel is made of converted train cars. About 20 or so of them. Each car is a room with beds and stuff. Ours is a Queen and a Twin. It’s fun, though not really extremely train like on the interior, but I guess people don’t really want to sleep in sleeper cars.

After settling in and eating we drove up to Castle Crags State Park and checked out the view point. And looked at the Botanic Gardens in Dunsmuir. Then back to the car. I used the wifi outside (it doesn’t work inside) and I came inside to type this up. Got a longer drive ahead of us tomorrow, but we don’t have to check in till 6pm, so not a big hurry.

4/16/2015 10:30pm

Seaside, California! So not totally Carmel or Carmel by the Sea or Monterey like I initially thought. Oh well oh well. It’s still a nice, spacious Air BNB room, with two bedrooms and stuff. Much more privacy than a hotel.

A rather uneventful, if long, drive down. We finished Harry Potter. It got warm and warmer. There really is no rain here. Poor drought ridden California. Lake Shasta doesn’t look good at all. There is a significant orange band around it. How long ago were we here? Did I note how low it looked? Did I note it looking down at all?


I stayed in while Ma and Pa got food. Watched TV. Mellowed. Tomorrow Ma and Pa will do wedding stuff. I think I’ll mellow apart and do some reading or whatever. I’m tired.

No comments: