hi

hi

Monday, August 19, 2013

so hot during the week but pretty mild this weekend

Saturday:

Ran my work clothes through the wash. Cleaned some stuff using cleaning advice I googled and it worked! Yay! Later in the day I drove up to Mountain View for a board game night with Nate, Helen, Carmen, and Josh! I was the first to arrive (N and H were already there). We had some tea and we chatted and caught up. J and C arrived with soup and Helen made gluten free bread and we all ate food and then set about figuring out how to play Small World, a table top game. It was pretty fun once we figured out what was going on. There are a lot of options for different types of scenarios, so game play doesn't get repetitive. Like Risk except more fair. I came in squarely in the middle, with Nate total winner and Helen a close second. Nate is good at these sort of strategy type games. I'm better at Khet.

I got a bit turned around (took an exit too early) on the way back but didn't get too detoured.

Sunday:

Another wonderful sleeping in day. I like not having to worry about finding a place to live. I was expecting that process to be really prolonged.

I did my groceries and did a CVS run for soap and stuff. I sat on the porch and worked on this story I've been working on and did some drawings to accompany my notes. It's a color coded notecard system right now. It's fun to get back into world building.

A nice relaxing weekend. Not too much hub-bub.

No comments: