hi

hi

Friday, August 23, 2013

gold!!

Today at work, after I broke down the press and cleaned squeegees and floodbars, I was assigned the task of gold leafing these two signs! Waah! How fun! First I had to paint on the gilding size stuff. Basically a specific glue for the task. So I put that on it. Then once it had sat for 45 minutes to an hour I delicately placed gold leaf from sheets onto it using a brush and my finger to press it down and on. Damn it looked good. Slow and steady! So good. And Boss was very pleased with my work. Positive reinforcement is awesome. And playing with gold is just so cool. One sign was gold gold, the other was white gold. I think there will be more leafing tomorrow as well. So fun.

I took a nap when I got home. Feeling so tired lately.

Then I crossed another thing off my "to do" list. And added another thing to it as well...so it still stands as three things to do. But I should get another thing done tomorrow. It's all good.

No comments: