Monday, July 29, 2013

making it look nice


Had a good little sleep in, and then I set about doing my laundry and cleaning my room. Alana moved more of her stuff out. I really want for us to say "landlord changed his mind, move back in!" Had some tea and an eggy breakfast. Did my makeup early on in the day because when it is the weekend and you are not getting all mussed up at work you can do your brows and eyeliner. It's fun.

Worked on the Odd Owl album art some more! It's really coming along. Should be done tomorrow night. Well the city portion should be done.

In the late afternoon Steve came down. We opted to head to the wharf for fish and chips, instead of working on our 99 bottles cards. It was a nice night for the walk. I put some pennies in the crushers on our way out to Stagnaro Brothers. We found a bench and ate our fish and chips while listening to the seals and seagulls. There was this grandpa trying to hoist his grandkid up to see the seals, and he (the grandpa) had a lit cigarette in his mouth. I was so afraid that he would burn the kid accidentally with it. Dessert was fudge from Marini's. The evenings entertainment was Welcome to Night Vale. Can't get enough of this awesome podcast, and now I've moved onto trying to get everyone else I know to listen to it.


The problem with making breakfast foods is that if you don't have milk you can't really make anything beyond scrambled eggs and toast. So Steve and I went to Buttery and got breakfasty sandwiches. And then breakfasty dessert of pecan bar and a bright pink Snowball made with home made marshmallow. Mmm that snowball was good. We walked down into a park and listened to the screams of the boardwalk. Those screams are really good at navigation throughout the downtown area.

There was a Wharf to Wharf run today, as evidenced by tons of people wearing Wharf to Wharf shirts and numbers. But since we didn't print those event shirts at work, I was unaware of this thing happening. Funny how that goes. Some things I only know about because we print them.

Steve headed back up north and I set to listening to audiobooks and working on the art. I made a good chunk of progress, I'm really stoked for how this is turning out! Should be an awesome album cover.

And now it is very late and another week begins. August is almost upon me. Woah.

No comments: