hi

hi

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

out of luck, but I've maimed some rabbits for their feet

Tuesday (written last night but not posted):


So last night, on top of the stove and water heater, the internet went out at 1am. And at 10pm tonight, it is still out. I'll survive.

I microwaved a big bowl of water and gave myself a bath of sorts with that. It seemed to do the trick.

I burned and taped screens, and Andrew burned screens that I taped. I also cleaned some screens and floodbars and squeegees. I could reclaim a nice small stack any ol' day now. Nice to not have the big pile up of 20 screens all needing tape removed and ink cleaned.

I'm nearing the finish of Hannibal. There is a great part about Hannibals "memory palace" which reminded me of Sherlock's "mind palace" in the Sherlock series. I wonder if it is an homage? Kinda funny thing to reference, but both sort of function in similar ways.

Boss gave me some eggs. Now I have more eggs than I know what to do with and no stove to cook them on. Too bad you can't microwave eggs...not unless you like eating scrambled eggs off the side of the microwave...ha. Well, they'll last.

At home I felt very, very tired and took a nap. I think the weekend was still wearing on me a bit. And now it is 10:20 and I am feeling chipper. I can always read or watch something. It's kinda nice to take a break from all the multitasking and refreshing that being on the Internet fosters. Just some me time.

Alana moved in a nice shelf into the bathroom, so there is more storage. And a plant. It's feeling a lot cozier with her around. Too bad all these things went wrong RIGHT when she moved in.

Tomorrow is looking to be a print heavy day. Got one shirt with three different graphic placements (three different two color set ups), and another that still needs to be burned. Summer is rolling in.

Wednesday:

Woke up to find the internet functional! A plumber was checking out the stuff. It looks like the people who installed our water heater installed it wrong, so we'll have to get them to do it right. Thus far I don't think I smell. I managed to wash my hair, and that is the main thing that makes me feel gross...when it gets greasy like that.

At work we printed the sleeves on this one job, and then started the sleeves on this other job. It's a lot of color changes and weird set ups and it's quite the hassle. But we are the super team, we'll get it done all awesome like! I also burned a few screens. It was busy, and tomorrow will also be busy, and I predict Friday will wind down busy.

 I finished Hannibal. It did not end the way I expected it to, but I liked it. He got to eat this really awful guy, so I was happy about that. I started Plum Island, a John Corey novel. Never heard of him as a detective before, so I'm giving it a shot. Plum Island is a location referenced in Silence of the Lambs, so that is an interesting parallel.

At home I ate some rice crackers and creme cheese and drank beer and caught up on the internet. It didn't explode in my absence, so that was good. Hope things in the house get restored to normal right quick.

My lips are doing that getting really dry thing. I have to try and not to rub/chew them because then they'll crack and I'll pick at that and they'll scab. It's a vicious cycle.

No comments: