hi

hi

Monday, March 25, 2013

on the island (in cards and in television)

Had a very short day due to boss being at a conference thingy. So all I had to do was coat the 20 screens I reclaimed on Friday (some coated easier than others, due to patches) and do a press wipe. Press wipe being a cleaning of the press to make it all spiffy. Started listening to Brother Odd. As much as I like Peter Wimsey, I was missing Odd Thomas. The narrator is like an old friend. I listened to the first book while printing my thesis all those years ago.

At home I took a bath and worked on my crossword puzzle book. I've got 2 solved thus far, out of 200. Go me!

And for the first time I got out of work on a Monday with plenty of time to go to game night! So I went, and the regular familiar faces were there (Andy, Chris, Karen, erm...the others). I had a pizza and we played Around the World in 80 Days, this card game this Chris was testing, this other card game, this Pandemic-esque game. Fun! Hopefully more of my Mondays get out at good hours.

Relaxed at home. Watched Top of the Lake, a gloomy New Zealand set murder mystery with a strong female cast. Nice to see the NZ scenery filmed through a Pacific Northwest lens. Maybe it isn't all tropical and beautiful?

No comments: