hi

hi

Sunday, October 9, 2011

second verse, not same as the first

Three Saturday's in a row I have been in Seattle. Blimey.

At 9am, dad said "APPLES!" and I went back to sleep.
A bit later, Holly chased some German Shepards off the property and I went back to sleep.
Then I got up, showered, grabbed a granola bar and some Propel water stuff and got to helping mom and dad with the apple juice. We did four pressings I reckon. Lots and lots of apple juice. I put some in smaller bottles to take to Seattle in present form.

I parked in Bremerton and rode the 1:45 ferry over. It was a lovely nice beautiful day. First on the itinerary was meeting up with Sam for a bit, but he wasn't at his place till 4ish, so I wandered around Pike's Place. Found what seems to be a good book about Houdini. Then I caught the 26 to Fremont. There were some Occupy Wallstreet protesters, so that was cool to see. Viva Occupy!

I got off the bus in downtown Fremont and used my memory of last weekend to navigate to his apartment, and I did it flawlessly! No wrong turns. Just straight, right, straight, left, straight and BOOM, found it. No address, just memory. I met his roommate Brenda and I gave them some delicious apple juice. It got some nice compliments. Because our juice is awesome.

For the next couple hours, Sam and I played Agricola and caught up on the events of the last week. I lost horribly at Agricola, and Sam played what was probably his best game yet.

The rest of my day's plan was to navigate my way to Serenity, who I knew to be in Seattle but I didn't know where she would be.

Sam was going to a Sounders game, so we parted ways in Downtown Seattle after taking the bus out of Fremont.

I then learned that Serenity had drink plans at 9:30 in Ballard. So 1) I would have been better off staying put in Fremont and 2) Ballard is too far out to have drinks at 9:30 when you have to catch a ferry back and the latest ferry is at 12:50, which doesn't give that much time for late night bus connections. I don't have a smart phone so I was unable to figure out routes and times, so I decided I wouldn't be able to meet Serenity. Boo. Oh well. Lesson learned, make sure you know where your friend is, before you go and visit. Still, I had a nice time wandering around Seattle. Swung by the Occupy Seattle people. One guy was shouting which was a bit distracting from the main organizer lady. The bicycle cops were very low key. They were there just there as a presence but not a threat.

I got some Ivar's and read The Sisters Brothers while waiting for the ferry. I napped on the ferry on the way back. Disappointing that I didn't get more out of my visit to Seattle, but totally fine to get out the house and just walk around.

Todays Portrait Is: Jonathan Safran Foer.

No comments: