hi

hi

Friday, December 3, 2010

slip ups and success!!

Oww I hurt my trick knee AGAIN. Slipped on the stairs at school and landed square on it. Looks like I'll be limping for a few days. Booo.

Last day of Focus Week. My proposal feels like ages ago. Not just five days. Ahh. Yeah.

First up was Morgaine! I got there right on time. Her thesis is about body modification and ways we represent ourselves. It was a very broad topic, and the panel sort of questioned her about ways to get it down. Still, quite good.

From there I went to the library to return books, and that was where I slipped. Ow.

It gets a bit exhausting to go to a thesis in almost every block (save for defenses). I have seen so much, and next semester around I'll see a ton and it will be mostly defenses. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Followed next was Josh. He is doing promotional materials for a band Larry and His Flask. Sweet posters, and other stuff. Not quite branding, but it fits well and it should produce some good work.

Lunch time! More bloody sandwiches. No enchiladas this focus week. Boo.

I was trying to think of what to do during my lunch, when I realized I had enough time to print my shirts! So I got the stuff from the studio, and set up. There was a drum binding demo, but it was okay to print and use the pressure washer. The shirts got printed in a fantastic jiffy. Love them.

Got to Jennifer's proposal with time to spare even. She is doing six large scale paper dolls about body types and relating them to how they get "corrected" by vintage fashion media. She has spent all week being nervous but knocked it out of the park! Go her. Another round of good questions and answers and suggestions. She made it really evident from the start that she knew her research.

From there I went to the final proposal of the week: Samala! She is proposing a 2-3 minute animation about reliance on media and what happens when it all comes apart. She has the art for the project, just meeting the time and animation technique stuff will be tricky. It is a lot of learning to do real quick. That was what most people questioned. The logistics of the project and what she can realistically get accomplished. Still, another good proposal.

AND THEN WE WERE FINISHED! Fall 2010 Focus Week! My Focus Week!

I scanned and then helped Karen bag her art work. Chad stopped by and we three chatted. Then Karen and I went to the studios and dropped off stuff and then Safeway and then studios and then Rogue to meet up with James, Jon, Josh, Dom, Samala, and Morgaine. It is Jon's birthday today!! So the party was getting started there and Karen owed me a beer. So I had the delicious Shakespeare Stout and did a sketch of the table. We came a little bit late, so they moved on to the next spot on the East side while we stuck around for some food. Chicken fingers and fries! Before we left, Karen and I joined Rogue Nation. You get seventy five cents off pints and free stuff on your birthday! Hurray!

I went back home, and decided not to join the shindig on the other side. Knee too gimpy and I had errands. Went to Fred Meyer to get chili making supplies as per Brynne's recipe. It was a nice night for a walk, even one with a big bag of groceries.

I'm sooo tired.

I heat set the shirts while watching Peep Show and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Now I'm going to crawl into bed, and get up at nineish and put the crock pot on with the chili and then clean the apartment. Well, mostly clean my room and get everything in order for our Focus Week Survival Luncheon! I'll also make a run to Trader Joe's for some veggies and drinks. Juice drinks, not booze drinks.

Owww my knee.

No comments: