Monday, September 12, 2016

oh for the love of it all

I'm tired. I had such a long weekend and so much happened!

KAREN GOT MARRIED! It was a lovely ceremony and reception, it went by quick. Well the reception did. The ceremony was Catholic and some of the cues from the priest were long pauses. But it went well. Lily was cute. Karen was a babe. John was there too, and he's now my actual legit boyfriend! What!???

Photos happened after the ceremony because a bajillion delays. I got my hair done in a big poof, and my makeup was all shabam, though upclose I have some critiques of the foundation application. I looked hot though.


My computer overheated and I went to bed. Okay, where was I?

Makeup! It was so much fun to hang out with all the ladies and to have one another oo and ahh as we all got dressed and glammed up. Karen's hair and makeup was first, then last for the finishing touches. The wedding planner did this weird thing where she CANCELLED the makeup artist, so it ended up being an hour behind. What the hell???

So we all got to the church with only time for the first look photo, the one where the groom sees their bride for the first look. Instead of it being at the alter. Then we all lined up and Richard and I mumbled back and forth about what we had to do, and then it was time to walk!

Argghgh I'm so tired. It's sometimes a bit of a chore to sum up an event, especially one so nuanced! I had fun. John met my friends and family. I got to hang out with Lacey and Phil and BT and Evan and Heather and Daniel and Tabitha and Mel and Diana and Alex! And it went by so fast. The food was plentiful and I put way too much on my plate. I didn't drink that much because at the end of the night I moved my car to Manette, then hopped in John's car and we went back to Seattle for the night. In the morning he made coffee, an omlette, bacon, and toast. We sat about reading comics and chatting and listening to music and now he's my boyfriend. He dropped me off at the ferry and I walked back to my car. Karen had my keys, just in case she had cause to move it.

Ahhh beautiful lovely Karen. I shook during my speech but it was well received I think. The props I made for the photobooth (on Thursday I spend time with Karen & co) were used by many.

The rehearsal was a bit rushed and mumbled, and dinner was at the Boat Shed. I devoured some fish n chips. Camille helped finish painting the backdrop after dinner, whereas I finished making the props. They were posterboard on sticks, a bigfoot face, a banana slug, a coffee cup with a logo that was of Karen, Rob, and Lily, a geoduck (which Karen let me keep), a salmon, and a cloud.

Before the rehearsal, Karen, Thea, and I got our nails done. My first ever mani pedi! It was a lot of fun and I liked having my feet scraped down. One of those silly "Million Dollar Properties" shows was on, and we all in the shop poked fun at it.

Weddings must have the most amount of planning per minute of event. So many little things to get done! But it was very nice.

Mom loaned me this rad cactus shirt of hers that I wore to the salon (because you need something that unbuttons so as to not mess up your hair/makeup. It was so rad with sequins and stuff.

And now I've been back at work for two days. First day was breakfast and room turning. Lots of turning, lots of moving plates about. A couple fluffs. Raechel is back, which is nice. And today was more turns and the start of a deep clean. I got the floors done as well, despite it being tasked to Ginger who was frankly overtasked due to a miscommunication about who does what (I was supposed to take on more of the deep clean). I ran a Sequim errand and then just chilled out at home. Nice to not take my usual deep nap that ultimately screws up my sleeping schedule.


No comments: