Tuesday, November 3, 2015

people, places, things

My ribs hurt. Coughing too much? Might have slept on my stomach funny.

Anyhoo! I went food shopping and got a bunch of much needed veggies and hummus and chips (Juanita's, natch) so that'll be good for my body. Not been eating well.

Maybe it's my sneezing that is jangling my insides.

So! The concert! Was super fun. I caught the 5:30 ferry because my pre-concert hang out plans fell through so I didn't need to be in Seattle super early, nor did I really want to be. Met a lovely lass named Angel on the ferry who was wearing a Dir En Grey shirt. She was ten years younger than me, but nice enough and by herself so we hung out. I got Ivar's fish and chips and shared my chips, and we walked together to The Showbox. A nice clear night. We parted ways in line because I was going to be waiting for someone (Marcus) to show and would be waiting after the line started going, and one of her friends showed up to talk so yeah. Had a couple drinks at the bar and it became evident Marcus wouldn't be able to make it (stuck on set) and it was too late to probably get another person in to use my second ticket. I'm glad I didn't pay for them but bummed it went to waste because if I had more time then I could have found someone else. BUT going solo enabled me to meet a fella in the 21+ section of The Showbox who was nice and tall with interesting glasses and I got his number.

It was a fun show, but a bit low energy. No one moshed. But it's good that people aren't getting an elbow to the face. No opener. Just out they came to cheers and they rocked it out. I wasn't too familiar with the songs but it had a great vibe. I stayed up mostly in the bar section because I'm short and didn't feel like dealing with the crush. But I did go down for a few songs and I drew a little bit. Kyo, the lead singer, had a shaved head and was looking not as young as he did a decade ago. Good show, though I don't think I'll see them again.

Rachel, a school chum who I haven't seen in four years, was also at the show and I met up with her in the merch line. She got a hoodie and I didn't get anything and we walked over to the Elysian and got a brewski and talked till last call. We bid adieu and I hauled off to catch the 12:15 ferry back to Bainbridge, which I caught. I had good luck with catching ferries with minutes to spare. Got back home late, tucked into bed after washing my face of the really good makeup I did.

See? Pretty nice eh? 

No comments: