Monday, November 24, 2014



Worked on site taking photos! Thought only a few hours of photos because I was also tasked to tidy up and add to the store displays. Photos so we can make the store look nice and pretty and all the items can be listed with the proper photos. I like taking the photos because I just listen to podcasts and snap away and I reacquaint myself with the merch I've spent so long pricing.

It was a drizzly, dreary day. Tried my best to keep the stuff dry, but it was still got some raindrops as I hauled the stock boxes to the antique stores.

So. The date? That date that I went on. We met at the Slippery Pig (points to him for being open to relocate at short notice because I thought I was going to end the day in Bills Point, not Poulsbo). Slippery Pig is just a place that I've seen next to Red Plantation. He arrived right on time (another good point) and it was a very nice first initial date meet up thing. Had a couple beers and a crowd formed and there was Friday night karaoke, so our conversation got drowned out a little bit but still it was enjoyable. And it was good enough that another meet up is to happen, but after Thanksgiving due to busy schedules. So yay! Nice it all went well with the Geologist.


So a half sunk paddleboat was drifting by, and while the coast guard was called to, I dunno, be let known that there is a boat in the water, I decided to go out and get it for my own. And I couldn't be bothered to haul a boat down, so I threw on my swimsuit and got in to the water an immediately regretted my decision because the Hood Canal is COLLLLDDDDD in November. Still. it was close enough that I daren't quit, so I swam and swam and hopped into the paddle boat and waved to the people who had showed up on shore. It wanted to capsize forward, so I had to lean back while maneuvering it it towards shore. Eventually I was able to hop out and walk it in. Orlando of the coast guard gave me my bathrobe (which was on the seawall) and he helped drain the boat and haul it onto the wall, but he didn't get wet and I did. My teeth were chattering when I got up to the house, and during my ample shower I let the tub fill so that my feet could properly thaw.

Warm and washed, I drove into Silverdale and got some tights and lipstick and eyeliner and hairdye and toilet paper at Target and I got a haircut at Great Clips. Just a quick trim. Trying this whole "regular haircut to reduce damage and let hair grow long and healthy" thing. Last time I dyed my hair, I had product already in it so I feel like it faded a bit too fast, so in the evening I dyed it again but on hair that had only been shampooed. I'll see how it looks in a month this time. Anyway, after Silverdale I went to Seabeck for a salad and soup dinner, and some lounging about. Mom found a fitness ball on the beach. A good day for scavengers! The layout of the house has been redone and the floor is hard, instead of carpet. It looks very nice and warm indeed! Good job Mom & Dad on the floor!

So yeah, returned home and did my hair.


Worked 1-7 on site, so I got to sleep in a bit. I was mainly by myself continuing to photograph items. I've got a good chunk done now, so tomorrow I'll start labeling and loading things. We'll launch the store real soon! I gave the Boss a teaser of my sea adventure on the phone, and she was eager to hear about it upon my arrival. So that was fun. Two days of uber work and then it is off to cooking and friendville!

No comments: