hi

hi

Monday, October 1, 2007

goddamn the rain, goddamn!

Wow, I've had over 50 entries in this blog. Whoo! Hard to believe I've only had four weeks worth of classes. The pacing is similar to Olympic College so it isn't hard keeping up. People whine about having essays due in a week and its like "yeah? and?" for me. More people should take classes at a community college for a year before moving on to a four year. It will give them good college habits.

Today was dreary. Weather wise it was gray and raining on and off. Of course rain was on when I made a grocery trip to Safeway, but it wasn't so bad. A little moisture but I had my leather jacket on so I was dry for the most part. The gray stayed strong but Lindsay and I shared many laughs over various things so it was great in doors. Except for homework.

I always get my homework done and I don't like that I know that. There isn't the worry that it won't get done, just the "uhg I'm going to get this done today" feeling. If that makes sense.

I watched the first hour of Hot Fuzz which took me through my Time Arts assignment. Lounged, laughed, biked and read some history of art. Sean invited us over for burgers and they were delicious. Good to be friends with someone nice and generous. Overly generous really, quality meat is rare in student housing and someone who knows to prepare it is a precious commodity. Sean is awesome. Lindsay and I walked to Safeway to get some sweets, the rain had subsided by then. We got the Stephen Colbert ice cream and the Heath Bar coffee ice cream. Read the rest of my art history assignment in good time. The book uses words like "manly", "flabby", and uses exclamation points when talking about hunts depicted in art. I find it rather silly but it holds my interest. I love the Egyptian stone sculptures. So massive and beautiful. Really majestic and immortal looking. I love how art is one of the few things that lasts.

Mum, you ever find the full poem about damning the rain and whatnot?

No comments: