hi

hi

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

tony bobby aly


Karen visited on Sunday! But she got caught by the bridge being up, so she took the long way around. What a pal! I made this cranberry chicken in the crockpot and mashed potatoes from the garden. The chicken tastes better microwaved. The gravy was supposed to be sticky but it was more...liquidy. I dunno. But it was great as leftovers and Karen cleaned her plate. Lily was cute and had plenty of smiles and she puked on me a little bit. Nothing too bad. Earlier in the day I talked to Celia and we ate raw snap peas. So tasty! And my iced coffee turned out pretty good, though I think next batch I'll grind it finer. That yellow ceramic dish with the lid seems perfect for cold brewing.

Nice to have Karen over because I cleaned prior to her visit so I just had to tidy a bit more for Brynne and Casey's. Right now Celia's is more tidy. For the 4th she did a major cleaning. I haven't had the time or the energy to do another big cleaning/organizing push. I have a three day weekend coming up. I don't think I'm overworked but I am not being smart about my sleep schedule.

Today I did breakfast shift and I feel so not confident on breakfast. There's too many little things I don't know, but I'm learning. I want to be a good employee. After that it was six turns and two preps for deep cleaning. Did three bathrooms and vacuumed an other room stuff. I was very sluggish and out of it. 8am start times just fry my noodle so much.

But I've been using the clock radio set to classical to wake me up because the alarm app is unreliable, and that's been nice.

I made up the king guest bed with sheets and I did it like I do at work and I put a Hershey's on the bed (wrapped). Ma and Pa, if you're nice I might do the same for your next visit. You're pretty nice. I bet I'll do the same.

And it's probably good you didn't come on Sunday as the bridge was down.


No comments: