hi

hi

Saturday, September 15, 2012

HUGO STIGLIIITTZZZ daa naaaahhhh

Just got back from another Midnight Movie at the Del Mar! This week's choice was Inglorious Basterds. The thing about my blog is I have a record of the past five years of my life, and I can go back and access the specific date that certain things happened. The first time I saw Inglorious Basterds was August 22nd, 2009 with Katie and Tom. Here was my then review:

"Inglorious Basterds had more action in the trailer. Seriously, all the action in the movie would take up about 7 minutes worth of footage. It was brief and sudden when it happened. Still, having a little violence punctuates the power of the moment. A lot of talk but good talk. Some random moments occurred that are clear indicators that it was a Tarantino flick (HUGO STIGLITZ!! comes to mind). I enjoyed it though I might not watch it again for a while. Good shots, good black humor."

I've watched it a few more times between then and now. It is true that the action happens very quick. The build up is very slow and intense, and when it pops it POPS and is gone. All the dialogue scenes are much more intense upon further viewings. Maybe because one knows when they are coming to an end. It was a good time, and I am glad I went out for it. I was going to meet up with Daniel and Ryan, but the former wasn't up for a midnight movie and the latter was stuck at a fair. Hopefully not stuck on a ride or something. That would suck.

At work I coated screens and did a good job of it. The bossman acquired a three wheel, one seater, with a truck bed of sorts little vehicle. Sort of like a tuk-tuk, sort of like a meter maid, sort of like a Reliant Robin but not really. It is AWESOME! There are plans to wrap it in awesome vinyl. I hope he goes bright. But to wrap, you must remove previous vinyl, which there was. So I learned how to remove vinyl! I us...okay my train of thought went elsewhere for a second. Anyway. I used a heat gun, which I very nearly burned my thigh with when I absent mindedly set it in my lap.

After work I worked on sketches and type and I ate pasta. Have some plans for tomorrow, and Sunday. Yay for the weekend!

No comments: