hi

hi

Sunday, April 18, 2010

three fourths

Took forever to get out of the house. Just had to stick around till the new Doctor Who came out...

Finished my Joe Simpson sketch:

I dig it!

Had to ride from Utrecht to PNCA one handed, because the other had to hold the paper. I rode very slowly.

I got through three of the four layers! The first went pretty well. The paper kept sticking to the screen and making the flat ink layer inconsistent. The color is good. I won't have an edition of prints, but that is okay. The second layer went down without any qualms. The third, well I totally mucked up the emulsion, which made it very difficult to remove the water resist. A lot of my detail was lost. But it took a new look. It is a more scratchy, imperfect piece. I'll have to see how the final layer brings it all together. The lineart layer. I've learned some things about reductive printing. Not the piece I had in mind, but still a good piece.

Afterwards, Lacey came over to my place and we watched the first two episodes of the new Doctor Who together. Totally geeked out all over the place.

Need to check some stuff off my check list! Feels good to do that.

No comments: