hi

hi

Monday, April 19, 2010

baby's first chemical burns

I think I accomplished a lot today? There is a lot that I can't do without word. Tomorrow, during the existentialism/yoga break, I will put together my artists resume and stuff. Wheee. And document. Which means I gotta document that damn tall David Lynch piece. Argh.

Got to school. Brilliant beautiful day. So no one was in the print lab. Whoo! Well Heather was there.

I'm fairly satisfied with my print. I'm not sure how intentional some of the mark making looks. It looks like him, but a lot of the specific detail was lost. I should do a black ink drawing as well. Hmmn. It is also very blue. I'll think it over.

I felt like taking my touch to DeAnn's screen of death. Someone has used her screen without permission and left a thick coating of emulsion on it. Really thick, and it had air pockets. Whoever did it really maimed her screen, and she had left it for the print lab to claim it's purple carcass. I inquired Heather's expertise and she said to use the auto haze stuff. It has a more impressive title. Anyway, it is store in a black tub and has several danger toxic corrosive labels. I put on the special shirt and gloves and got to it. I spread the gunk all over the screen and let it sit. Some of the chemical still got on my skin, but I was able to get it off before it did any damage. Still, ouch. So the chemical ate away the caked emulsion. Then I took the pressure watcher to it. At first, nothing. The edges scootched away. And then: miracles! Chunks came off, more and more area was cleared. I sprayed it with EZsolv, and it pretty much all came off! Whooo! It only took about 20 minutes, but that is a screen that was left for dead. Now it is revived.

Got a burrito because I was starving. When I got back I remembered there was a meeting with the RA, and we were getting free food. Oh well, lunch for tomorrow (the burrito I mean). It was just an exit chat. My lease ends end of July. Need to sort out my summer plans. And find somewhere to move out to. Err.

Anyway, ate three servings of the free thai food, as only three other people showed up. Hurrah!

Crossed things off my to do list. Mellowed out. Watched Pacific, paused that to watch Breaking Bad, went back to Pacific, then Treme.

Another week begins.

No comments: