hi

hi

Monday, November 17, 2008

jen be warned, it's a work blog

Work let me go early. Well not so much let me go as told me to go because we were getting no business and it made more sense to not have as many people working. Why pay for 2 when you only need 1? Oh well, still a few hours of work is a few hours. A lady came in and returned and asked to rebuy some stuff so she could get a discount. It was very sneaky and I asked a manager about it. We allowed it just because she had bought the items an hour earlier. I didn't like her, she looked like she is used to telling people stuff and getting her way. Another lady came in with her son and was overjoyed at our selection of simple basics and how they were priced in pairs at awesome discounts. She kept exclaiming how we were a goldmine and had exactly what she was looking for. Her boy, Jake, was really nice. I had a good time joking around with how we were going to keep him as a mannequin and teach him a sales pitch. Also offered him some stickers we keep under the desk which I assume go to good little kids who behave. It was a nice experience to have. Not all kids are vile.

My shift started with a rundown of how good Yesterday was and how many Gap Cards we need to get (I didn't get any as most people had them or had cancelled them or didn't want a credit card). I went to use some of my fifty percents off after my early shift (I got my paycheck a few days ago, huzzah!). I went to the unmentionable section of Gap and was properly fitted for some unmentionables. Turns out, like most women, I was wearing the wrong size of unmentionables. So I got some awesome discounted ones that fit like a dream! Which was after trying on like 10 others that were not so dreamy. Anyway, I hit up the sale and sweater section as well and walked away with some awesome 5.99 tees marked down with my 30% off. God I love having a discount.

I watched A Scanner Darkly while thinking about who I am going to paint for my painting. I drew a couple images of Robert Downey Jr, he is harder to draw than he seems! I'll have to sketch more and see what happens. Maybe during History of Design. Which reminds me, still need to find that website and figure out some talk about Duchamp.

I found a printer/scanner in the trash room. Now I just have to find out if it is the printer or the scanner part that landed it in the trash room.

No comments: