hi

hi

Friday, June 15, 2012

weekend may be here, but I look forward to Monday!

I love my job! It is hard work, and I'm on my feet all day, and it is taking time to get into the swing of things, and I make little mistakes here and there, but I'm learning! And learning quick. Need to remind myself it has been 3 days at this job. Just 3.

I cleaned squeegees and floodbars, and used this chemical to clear out a screen, but mostly I caught shirts and sweatshirts as they came out of the dryer. Hundreds of shirts. And did quality control. Julie helped on my end. Chris did the printing. He's got the rhythm for the speedy stuff. I got to work at 10:30, a bit earlier. Don't have to come in till 11 on Monday. I like the variety and flexibility of it all. I snacked through the day, and got some dinner as I fueled up my wheels.

It is also a fast paced day, something I've always liked about printmaking. It just moves right along and you can really see the progress you've made. I can't wait to get better and learn more and increase my confidence with the machines.

Now I just need to move to Santa Cruz, and before I know it, my life will find a new routine!

Hopefully a routine that included Yoga.

Left at 9, got back at 8. I get my first paycheck next Friday! And then every Friday, because I get paid on Friday's. Whoo! Now I'll need to get a local bank account in which to put my moneys.

No comments: